Tuesday 2 September 2014

September Goals

Back in my first year of university, when I was battling with chronic fatigue, I used to set myself a handful of goals each month. Not enormous resolutions, but tasks and goals which gave me something positive and productive to work to every month.With my teacher training starting in 6 days I want to set myself up for the month ahead with some positive thinking. My advice for setting goals is to have high hopes but realistic expectations: that way you get lots done but you don't beat yourself up about what you didn't do!

August 2014 has been a pretty busy month but all in all a positive one too. I worked for the first two weeks so I'm more than prepared to deal with the world of children. Being in a room with 35 children, aged 5 to 11 for almost 8 hours a day gets you rather ready. I had a fantastic weekend away in Northern Ireland with J which mainly involved lots of beautiful sights, rambles, photography, and great food. As well as all that I've been very industrious, ploughing through mountains of prep work for uni, organising all of my stuff for my new house, and just generally getting ready for my big move.

I have no doubt that September is going to be even more hectic but I'm really excited for what is to come!



September Goals

// Read two new novels.
I will have a lot of reading to do for my course this month but I don't want to stop reading novels so I'm setting myself the goal to read at least two new novels this month, on top of everything else. I was going to go for three but I think with everything being so new I might not manage three whole books.

// Bake something different.
Sounds a little silly to have this as a goal but with the Great British Bake Off being on at the moment I've got the baking bug and I have always found baking so fun and therapeutic (which I think I may need this month). I have countless recipes bookmarked to try so this is something I will definitely look forward to.

// Workout properly twice a week.
I used to be a bit of a fitness freak, then I got hit with a dodgy back and chronic fatigue and since then I have to admit my exercise is pretty sporadic. I'd love to get back into a proper routine so I'm going to start building up to exercising much more regularly by just beginning slowly and gradually adding days. I feel so much better when I'm working out properly so this is a really positive goal.

// Visit new places in Norwich.
There is definitely a 'newness' theme to these goals but it's a new place and a fresh start for me here so it's all so exciting. I've not actually spent very much time in Norwich at all, in fact I've only been there three times before so there is so much to see and do. I love the city already and I know it will be a great year.

So these are my goals for this month, hopefully when I write my October goals up I'll have lots of success to tell you about.

Do you set yourself regular goals? What are your aims for September?

6 comments:

  1. As a an avid reader of your former blog, Love Live & Learn, I am thrilled to discover that you are blogging again! It sounds like you have had a lovely August - good luck for the start of your teacher training next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've so glad you've found my new blog and I hope you enjoy it just as much! :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy your blogging again:)! Great post, working out and baking are both definitely on my goal list also. Good luck with starting your teacher training and moving into your new house, all very exciting:)!

    Lauren x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really enjoying writing again. Thanks, I'm certainly very excited! :) x

      Delete
  3. I really need to start working out more often!! xx

    www.roseandmuse.com
    www.roseandmusevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been very slack recently and I really need to get back on it! x

      Delete