Wednesday 17 September 2014

Learning to Teach

Most people have probably come across the saying 'those who can, do and those who can't, teach' but I personally prefer this one: 'Those who know, do. Those that understand, teach.'

I have just completed my first week and a half of training to become a primary school teacher (which hopefully explains my silence on the blog recently) and I have never felt so inspired by something I've chosen to do. I come away from every single seminar so enthused and excited to get stuck in. That being said I have an absolutely enormous pile of work to be getting on with and with full days at university - leaving the house at 8.15am and getting home at 5.30pm - I am already feeling the tiredness beginning to creep in.

My life currently looks a little like this:

 
I have to admit, it's really fun to be looking back at the subjects I studied as a child and where I didn't always like certain subjects now I'm loving all of them. Even geography inspires me! (Sorry to any geography lovers.)
 
English and drama have been the best so far, it almost made me emotional to see the books I read as a child, anyone remember Each Peach Pear Plum? Or Kipper? Or Elmer?
 

I have no doubt it will be a crazy year but I know that it is also going to be one of the most fulfilling experiences I ever have and I cannot wait to get into a school.

Hope your September is going well so far and if you've started anything new that you're enjoying it as much as I am. I promise I will be blogging more regularly again now!

No comments:

Post a Comment