Wednesday 27 August 2014

Introducing...

 
Ernest Hemingway once wrote:

“My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.” 

I have no lofty aims or great expectations but this new blog is like the blank pages of a book and I want to fill it with anything and everything that inspires me. I'm not a fan of confining a text to a genre, I find that writing nearly always straddles several categories and to confine it to one specific genre is to impose limitations on it. In a similar way this blog is kind of genre-less. It is a smattering of lifestyle, a pinch of book review, and a dash of food blog. You can expect to see posts on places I've been, books I've read, restaurants I've eaten in and food I've made alongside my experiences learning to teach, my reflections on life and anything that takes my fancy. Is that too vague a description?
 
Writing makes me feel fulfilled and I love having the opportunity to share my life with my friends and family as well as hopefully lots of new friends. 

I can't wait to start sharing posts with you and developing this blog into a space I can enjoy with my readers. I hope you join me and keep reading!

p.s. I am usually quite uncomfortable with photos of myself so posting a close up of my face is a little like ripping off a huge bandage but I want you to know who I am!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment